Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Wimba Classroom) is collaboration software that provides synchronous communication at a distance through the computer. The software supports application sharing, chat, live audio, video, content display, polling, and a whiteboard feature. The sessions may be archived for future viewing. Not teaching online? There are other ways to use Blackboard Collaborate. For example, you have a tough lesson that students would like to listen to again. You can record yourself presenting in your office using Blackboard Collaborate and make the archive available to the students.
A microphone and speakers are needed to use Blackboard Collaborate. An inexpensive headset with microphone will do fine.
24x7 Help Desk Number: 1 (877) 382‐2293
Technical Support Knowledge base: Click here
Quick Reference Guides
- Moderator Quick Reference Guide
- Loading PowerPoint
- Using the Whiteboard
- Using Application Sharing
- Using the Web Tour Feature
- Using the Polling Feature
- Getting Started with Recordings
- Participant Panel Quick Reference Guide
- Web Conferencing Accessibility Guide
- Web Conferencing Essentials for Moderators