This purpose of this page is to assist you with the transition from Blackboard to BOLT (Bloomsburg Online Learning and Teaching). BOLT is our new Learning Management System and will be supported by a company named Desire2Learn (D2L).
Sign Up for Self-Paced Training
The PASSHE Portal takes you to a site that PASSHE is maintaining with updates about the transition from Blackboard. It also contains a link for you to sign up for online self-paced training of D2L. You will use your PASSHE Active Directory username (BU email address) and password to access the portal.
The remaining links on the top navigation bar will provide you with the necessary documentation that you will need to make a smooth transition from Blackboard to BOLT.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
What information WILL carry over from Blackboard to BOLT?
- Course content, structure and course components. This includes files (e.g., Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, videos, etc.), layout and tools; plus discussion topics, quizzes, assignments, etc.
What information will NOT carry over from Blackboard to BOLT?
- Any user-generated data. This is defined as any data which has been created in the course through the use of course tools by students and /or instructors. It includes such things as gradebook data, discussion postings, quiz/assignment submissions, etc.
How long do I have to export my data from Blackboard?
- You need to export your data by May 31st.
What courses will be moved over to BOLT?
- Only courses from 2008 Spring on will be moved over. If you wish to save courses prior to 2008, YOU MUST EXPORT them and save to your network drive.
How do I learn how to use the new system?
- You can go to PASSHE's portal and sign up for self-paced training and to view a demo of the new system. We will also be offering multiple training sessions here on campus beginning in April. Please check back to this site for a listing of training opportunities. We will continue to post documentation and tutorials on the IMDC website.
Where can I go for help with this transition?
- The Instructional Media Design Center is located in room 206 of Andruss Library and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 - 4:30. We have several student workers who are able to assist you with the transition. You don't need an appointment, just stop in.
- You can also contact Regina Bobak or Julie Wolfe for assistance.
What is the difference between BOLT and Desire2Learn?
- BOLT stands for Bloomsburg Online Learning and Teaching and is the name we will be using for our new learning management system. Desire2Learn is the actual company whose software we will be using for our new learning management system.
Documentation and Tutorials
To access the step-by-step directions in Adobe PDF format, click on the .
To view the tutorials, click on the .
- Gradebook Download and Save
- Download Assignment Submissions
- Convert Blackboard Tests to Respondus
- Download Quiz Results
- Save Files - Digital Dropbox
- Export Blog
- Export Wiki
- Save and/or Print Blog
- Save and/or Print Wiki
- Collect and Save Discussion Boards
- Accessing Turnitin Assignments Created in Blackboard
- Export Wimba Podcasts