- increase employment opportunities in a global economy
- discover the gateway to global understanding
- write and communicate better in your native language
- sharpen cognitive functions and enhance life skills
- improve chances of entry in graduate school
- appreciate international literature, music, and film
- make travel more feasible and enjoyable
- be able to study abroad in non-English-speaking countries
- deepen your understanding of yourself and your own culture
Learning a second language improves employment opportunities! See: Gain the skills employers seek!
See: Five outstanding reasons to study a second language!
Recent studies prove that learning a foreign language increases brain power! See: Language and the Brain
The country needs language teachers! See: Students Need a Second Language for College and Career