PSECU INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION AWARD
The Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) started this award to provide funding for PASSHE students to participate in international educational experiences to help them explore cultures, life experiences and world views different from their own.
Eligible candidate must meet the following criteria at their home institution at time of study abroad departure:
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a PASSHE university
- Must be a Pell Grant or PHEAA recipient
- Must be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Must be participating in an institutionally approved overseas program
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing
- Preference will be given to students: Who have no overseas experience
Number of Awards and Amount
There are ten awards in the amount of $2,000 each available for the 2013-14 academic year.
These are one-time awards and, as such, shall remain commensurate with funding.
- Applicants must complete the PSECU International Education Award Application
- Submit one written academic reference from a university faculty member
- Submit an official university transcript
- Prepare a typewritten personal statement of 250-500 words on the following points:
- Why did you choose this program? What do you hope to gain?
- Describe any previous international experience(s).
- If awarded, how would the money support your goals
- Address how you would share your overseas educational experiences with other PASSHE students or the community of Pennsylvania upon your return to campus.
Note: Students may submit an application up to one year in advance of departure, with disbursement for term of departure.
|STUDY ABROAD SESSION||PRIORITY DEADLINE
|Summer Session Programs||April 1
|Fall Semester Programs ||May 1
|Winter Session Programs ||October 1
|Spring Semester Programs||November 1
Submit applications to:
Luke Springman, Director
Office of Global Education
The PSECU International Education Award Selection Committee is comprised of representatives from PSECU, the
PASSHE Foundation Scholarship Committee and the Office of the Chancellor. The award recipient will be notified
of the award by late June/early July. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.
Application (Click on the link.)