Drug Use and Abuse Webquest
The Office of Student Standards
Welcome to The Office of Student Standards' Drug Use and Abuse Webquest. You have been selected to research the information presented. You have been given a significant amount of resources below to help you in this conquest.
You are a leader at Bloomsburg University. As a strong and independent leader, you are responsible for advising others about the dangers of drug use and abuse. You are unique from other leaders because you have experienced some of the dangers of drug use firsthand and have a relatable experience for others. Your job is to work through this webquest by briefly describing your event that caused you to get in trouble and then finding information out about future use and abuse. You will be required to use this link to print off the questions for this activity. You must HANDWRITE your responses. You will not receive credit for typed responses.
1. Briefly describe your incident.
2. What was your physical condition at the time of drug use?
3. What are the typical symptoms (present experiences) of someone who abuses the drug you abused?
4. Were your symptoms similar?
5. How old were you when you first began using drugs?
6. What was your drug of choice?
7. Since you began, how has your drug use changed?
8. What do you think are the 3 top used drugs at Bloomsburg University?
9. Why is marijuana use illegal? What are the health effects?
10.Do you think marijuana should be legalized for medical/personal use? What is your reasoning for this?
11. What are the top three drugs that are abused at campuses like Bloomsburg University nationwide?
12. What are the legal ramifications of driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol?
13. Can someone drive safe while they are high? Explain.
14. What are the legal and financial consequences for getting caught with marijuana or similar paraphenelia?
15. What are the possible sanctions for drug offenses at Bloomsburg University?
16. What does "Constructive Posession" mean and how does it apply to drugs?
17. Can you get cited for drugs or drug paraphenelia if you are at a party and not using them?
18. Can you be addicted to marijuana?
19. Log onto the Memorial Garden website. Read through what it is and click on at least five people who are being remembered. Briefly comment on your feelings about this and how drving dangerously could affect others.
20. Click this link and select the "It's Like This" button to watch the two short videos that have loaded. Comment on how you would feel if you were “responsible”.
21. If you think you or someone you know has developed an alcohol or drug dependency, where can you go for help?
You will receive credit for successful completion of this Webquest by bringing your handwritten responses to these questions to the Office of Student Standards for your next mid-point or end-point meeting. Please be expected to talk about your experiences with this program.
Congratulations! You have finished your research and answered all of the questions. Be sure to bring your responses to the Office of Student Standards the next time you come in for your mid-point or end-point meeting. Hopefully you can walk away from this with an added amount of respect and appreciation in making smart choices that are healthy for you and all that are involved. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Standards at (570) 389-4734.